Monday, October 30, 2017

Truffles Anyone?


So, this past Saturday was National Chocolate Day and, feeling inspired by my friend, Kallie at Life Minus Gluten, I decided what better way to celebrate than to make homemade truffles!  Last week, Kallie posted a video on how to make these amazingly delightful treats.  You can watch the entire video here.  I'm not going to give you the recipe, so you'll just have to watch her video to see how to put these together.


Like I said, Kallie's post inspired me so I followed the instructions shown on her video and then did some of my own creations, as well.  I started with milk chocolate and dark chocolate chips combined with heavy whipping cream.  

 

 


While that mixture was setting I thought I'd try my hand at some white chocolate truffles.  I don't discriminate when it comes to chocolate - it's ALL good!


One thing I figured out really fast with the white chocolate is that it is much thinner than milk and dark chocolate.  I got some tips from Kallie on how to get this mixture thicker and I ended up using two entire bags of white chocolate chips and still needed to thicken it a bit with 1/4 cup of corn starch.  It worked like a charm and they taste AMAZING!!!!

The next day I decided to try one more combination and made another batch with milk and dark chocolate chips (heavier on the dark chocolate chips) and I also added 1/2 a cup of soft caramels to make this batch a dark chocolate caramel truffle.  A tip on these would be to melt the caramels before pouring the chocolate chips into the mixture because they are more dense and take longer to melt.

 

Once all of the mixtures had time to set (again, refer to Kallie's video on Life Minus Gluten's YouTube channel here.) I began to scoop out truffle mixture and form it into balls to roll in various toppings.

Toppings I used: instant coffee grounds, shredded coconut, crushed candy cane
cocoa powder and Himalayan Pink Salt (tip on the salt - a little bit goes a long way!)
People who know me will be shocked at the shredded coconut, but I made enough
to share and I know a lot of people who enjoy shredded coconut - not me, but many
others 😜😁




If you're feeling inspired, you'll have to try this easy and richly delicious recipe for yourself!  Until next time - Happy Gluten Free Eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment