Saturday, June 20, 2015

Farmer's Market

How's this for a new start up??  I haven't posted in months, so you get two-for-one today!  :-)

This will be a short one just to inform you of an idea that I had today.  My husband and I have gone to our local Farmer's Market the past two Saturdays.  While they have a lot of fresh, locally grown produce as well as many arts and crafts to choose from, they also have various stands offering fresh, homemade baked goods.  None of which are gluten free, of course.  Sooooo...I've decided to plan for next year.  I will have to do a lot of research and planning to be ready for it, but my idea is to work up some awesome cookie, brownie, mini banana bread recipes, etc., to make and offer next year at the Farmer's Market.  I also plan to offer free brochures about Celiac Disease and maybe have some little items (magnets, buttons, stickers) at my own Siouxland Celiac stand!  My mom has already volunteered to help me out with it!!  I'm excited!  I know it isn't feasible to do this season, but I plan to be ready for next year!!!  Now, to design a unique and original logo for my Siouxland Celiac.  I kind of volunteered a good friend of mine to help me out with this.  I am very excited and would appreciate any feedback from my readers!!

Sioux City Farmer's Market, June 20, 2015
 
 
 Homemade salsa I made from fresh produce and cilantro I bought at the Farmer's Market this morning.

 
And. . . they had COFFEE!!!!!!  This little coffee station is called Java Hub Jr, a traveling coffee house courtesy of the Java Hub in Correctionville, Iowa.


2 comments:

  1. Finally got these last two blogs of yours read. Sorry for being so late! I'm so glad you are back to writing here......if you help one person, it is worth it all. I learn a lot from your blogs too. I am so excited about helping you get ready for next year at the Farmer's Market. It will be GREAT!! Mom

    ReplyDelete