Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Road Trippin'

Greetings from Dubuque, Iowa!  My hubby and I are on the first stop of our mini-vacation.  I was tickled to see a Chick-fil-A within walking distance of our hotel.  (For Chick-fil-A's gluten free menu, click here.)  Whenever we travel, I'm always a bit apprehensive as to what gluten free options will be available.  According to the Find Me Gluten Free app on my phone, there are actually quite a few highly rated, Celiac friendly restaurants nearby!  (I love this app, by the way.  It has been a godsend when we are on the road.  Check it out here from the Google Playstore for your iPhone or Android devices.  I've found it to be a very helpful tool in my gluten free arsenal.) 


So, tomorrow we'll arrive in Schaumburg, IL a couple of days before the GF/AF Expo that begins on the 22nd of April.  This will be my first time at a GF/AF Expo and I am very excited to be able to attend!  For information about the Expo click here.  I'm looking forward to not only checking out vendors I haven't seen around the Siouxland area, but I also plan to check out a couple of the classes available at the expo.  Some friends from the area will be coming out for the expo, as well, so I'll be meeting up with them.  Before then, my husband, Dave and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage on Friday.  Wow!  I can't believe it has been 10 years already - though he would joke that it feels MUCH longer than that.  LOL

At any rate, it is going to be a fun and busy next few days and I'm looking forward to it all!!!!  I will be sharing lots of pictures and info about the expo as it is happening on Instagram (follow me at @siouxlandceliac) and on my Siouxland Celiac Facebook page.  Later on, I will be blogging about my experiences, so stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment