Saturday, November 16, 2019

Product Review: S2 Soaps Ltd

I've always had very sensitive skin.  Many store-bought soaps would make my skin break out in awful rashes, so my mom was always very careful in what she bought to use.  If it caused me to have a reaction, she wouldn't buy it again.  I think we'd hoped that eventually I would outgrow the sensitivities, but, sadly that never happened.  I'm very particular in what soaps I use.  In fact, I haven't actually used store-bought soap for my bath soap in several years.  Previously, I'd bought from a local vendor out of Vermillion, SD who sold their wonderful line of soap products under the name of God's Green Earth at our local farmer's market.  Through visiting with the owners of this line, I was able to gain a couple of new friends, as well.  I liked their products because they used high quality ingredients and no gluten ingredients, which is very important to me.  Marije, the creator of these soaps and lotions, also used her own products for herself and her family, so she stood behind her work.

Autumn Equinox soap by S2 Soaps Ltd
But, alas, they moved to the West Coast and I lost my friend and soap supplier.  Though I did purchase quite a lot from her before they left.  I've been looking for a new soaper ever since, though.  Enter S2 Soaps Ltd, an Etsy Shop created and owned by Kallie Smirnov based in Colorado.  Full disclosure - over the past few years, Kallie has become a very dear friend of mine, though we have only met via the internet.  She, however, does not know that I am writing this review of her products, which I have purchased from her Etsy Shop, nothing was given to me in exchange for a review.  Though she is my friend, I do promise to give a completely honest product review.

Christmas soaps from S2 Soaps Ltd cut and curing.  Scented in crisp juniper.

Whipped soaps from S2 Soaps Ltd

Kallie has quite a line of products available.  Items from bars of soap, bath bombs, travel soap kit, jelly soap, sugar scrubs and more can be ordered from her shop at https://www.etsy.com/shop/S2Soaps  My first order I placed with her, I purchased bars of the 
Life's a Beach, Pink Flamingo and Coffee with goat milk glycerin soaps, as well as the Wanderlust Collection Travel Soap Kit.  I've used the Life's a Beach bar and have now been using the Pink Flamingo bar.  The fragrances are bold and crisp and really help wake me up in the morning.  While I like the scent of the Pink Flamingo bar, I have to say that the Life's a Beach is my favorite so far.  Every time I walked into my bathroom I could smell this lovely, clean fragrance and it had a calming, soothing effect on me.  Each bar is cut thick so they last a long time.

Life's a Beach by S2 Soaps Ltd

Coffee with Goat Milk glycerin soap and Pink Flamingo soap by S2 Soaps LTD
One of the things I hate about store-bought soaps is that so often, they tend to leave a soapy film on your skin that feels like you can never get completely washed off.  Ugh, I absolutely hate that feeling!  With the products from S2 Soaps Ltd, I don't have that.  My skin feels clean and soft after use.  That is saying a lot because of my extra sensitive skin.  While the prices for homemade soap products are more expensive than store-bought soaps, in my opinion, the quality is worth the price.  I know that high quality ingredients have gone into these products and, for me, it is a relief to be able to shower and know that I'm not going to break out in a rash from my soap.

Pink Flamingo soap by S2 Soaps Ltd
On a recent overnight trip I took with my mom to attend a high school musical performed at my old high school, I had my first opportunity to use the Wanderlust Collection Travel Soap Kit.  Yes, hotels most often provide small bars of soap for their guests, and this hotel we stayed at is no exception.  It's always bothered me, though, the waste of the majority of even a small bar of soap.  The majority of the bar of soap gets thrown away.  Not to mention, that I never know if it is a soap that my skin will react badly to.  So, this time I used one of the slivers of soap you get with the travel kit.  It was the perfect size for a single time use!  I had enough for my shower and the small bit that was left wasn't enough to use a second time - minimal waste!  I love that.  I had never heard of this kind of travel soap, but I think it is a great idea.  It worked nicely for me.  The Prospector travel soap that I purchased is an unscented soap by S2 Soaps Ltd.

Prospector unscented single use travel soap in the Wanderlust Collection by S2 Soaps Ltd
I've just recently placed a new order that I am excited to receive.  I'd never heard of jelly soap before, so I decided to try the Jack Frost Jelly Soap this time.  I've also ordered one of the White Tea Pear bath bombs, the Basil Activated Charcoal soap and a bar of the Autumn Equinox soap.  I enjoy that she includes seasonal scents in her product line.  She has new scents coming out soon for Hanukkah and Christmas!  I will add to this review once I receive my next order and use the jelly soap and bath bomb.  

Basil Activated Charcoal soap by S2 Soaps Ltd

White Tea Pear bath bombs by S2 Soaps Ltd
Jack Frost Jelly Soap from S2 Soaps Ltd

Hanukkah soap by S2 Soaps Ltd
I'm very proud of the creativity of my friend and the high quality of her products.  I hope you'll check them out.  In addition to her Etsy Shop link posted earlier in this review, you can also find her on Instagram @s2soaps

11/20/19 I received my latest order from S2 Soaps Ltd today!  I think I like th Autumn Equinox fragrance even more than the Life's a Beach!  Looking forward to using these!!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful products!! I am amazed at the talent that younger women have and use!! That includes you, dear daughter.

    ReplyDelete