Saturday, December 21, 2019

Recipe: Gluten Free Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix


I don't know where you live, but here in Iowa, winters get  very long and frigid.  Who doesn't love a hot, steaming cup of rich, chocolaty hot cocoa to make you feel warm and cozy on a cold, snowy night?  I have many fond memories of making homemade hot cocoa mix with my mom when I was growing up and it was so delicious!  I haven't made any for decades, so I decided that this was the year I was going to do it.  And it was well worth it!



Ingredients:

1 pound non-fat, dry milk
2 cups cocoa powder (I used unsweetened cocoa powder)
1 1/2 cups powdered coffee creamer
2 cups powdered sugar

Stir all ingredients together until well-blended and then pour into glass storage jars or a gallon Ziploc bag.  To use, place 1/3 cup of the mixture into your cup, add hot water and stir.  Mixture may be kept in a freezer bag in the freezer - as if you'll have it around long enough for that.  This recipe is so simple and tasty.  It is a wonderful flavor you won't be able to resist.  I add a peppermint stick or top with whipped cream and cinnamon.



You can double this recipe to split out and give as gifts to family and friends.

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas from Siouxland Celiac!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, dear daughter.....for the memories and for sharing some hot chocolate with me. It is so yummy!! Btw ~ I saw your teapot the other day when I stopped there. It is so awesome!! Beautiful!! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun memories. Glad you like the mix! I got the teapot from Amazon. I've been wanting another one. It's been to long since I've had one. I use it a lot!!

      Delete